The Stranraer Homestead is the place to be if you want your Australian vacation package to offer you a quaint bed-and-breakfast atmosphere during your stay.
Stranraer offers you a nice country surrounding and all of the peace and tranquility that you could want. It also is the perfect Australian vacation package for the bird-loving traveler. Located right on Kangaroo Island, the Homestead has a steadfast country feel with an Australian twist. The cottage fireplace in your suite is the perfect place to sit back and relax with a good book as you view the beautifully-kept, old-fashioned gardens outside your windows.
When you dine with the other guests in the dining room, you will be nurturing your body and palette with some of Kangaroo Island’s best regional gourmet foods. You will sample some of best wines from the area’s budding vineyards. During the day, you can tour the gardens or go for a stroll or bird watching. There are two lagoons that are surrounded by birds that will take your breath away. Just some of the great activities that you can enjoy outdoors are:
- Visit the Range of Pure Honey (you can watch honey bees doing their thing)
- Historical relics: watch films while you enjoy foods fresh off the barbie
- Emu Ridge Eucalyptus will show you how bush products are made
- Clifford’s Honey Farm will show you how the areas best honey is made
- Destrees Bay on the southern coast of the island is where you can lounge by the beach
There is so much to do at the Homestead if what you want for your Australian vacation package is to simply enjoy life and take in some magnificent country beauty while you do it. If peace and relaxation is your goal, you can’t go wrong with Stranraer Homestead.