When locals and international visitors alike start gathering together for the Rugby World Cup in 2011, host country New Zealand will treat them to the REAL New Zealand Festival.
The festival will offer its guests the chance to experience New Zealand’s art, food, wine, entertainment, heritage and culture. The festival is to be a nationwide celebration of all things New Zealand. With special events happening all over the country, it should provide people with everything they need to make the world cup even more memorable. Visitors will be traveling all over the country anyway to see the matches, but the REAL New Zealand festivities will certainly make them want to take the scenic route to get to them.
Some of the programs that will be offered by The REAL New Zealand Festival project will include the following:
* See Dame Kiri Te Kenawa sing accompanied by the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra
* Catch the one-man show from playwright Hone Kouka about a kiwi rugby hero
* Sample wines from more than 50 different vineyards while partaking in some of the region’s best seafood and wild game at the Marlborough Wine Festival Village
* Check out Wairapa Vintage Wings and Wine
* See a re-enactment of New Zealand’s first ever rugby game and much more
In all, there will be more than 300 events listed on the festival program. The REAL New Zealand Festival will run from September 9-October 23 and will not interfere with the set Rugby World Cup matches that are scheduled to occur. This festival will be taking place all over the country and offers much to see if you want to experience New Zealand. Each event compliments the matches that will be happening and will help to make your stay at the Rugby World Cup a journey into all of the things that make New Zealand the popular tourist destination that it is.